2011年8月31日水曜日

Journal 2: Getting Around

I've bee here for 1 year and I always have had trouble going somewhere because I don't have my own car and California driver license.  I usually ask my friends to take me somewhere. However finally I started to practice driving recently. Last time, I drove around Brea. It was really nice, and I realize it's easy to drive in CA if I compare with my hometown. One of the reasons is that the road is wider than Japan. The road of Japan is narrow, so I have to be careful all the time. especially corners. However in CA, I don't have to pay attention too much about it.
On the other hands, there is some problems to drive here. That is some California drivers are dangerous, because suddenly they change the line without signal.  Sometimes I've felt scared, it happened.

By the way, the topic I will talk from now is not related driving in CA much, but I really want to talk about this. It's is "how to get driver license". I was so surprise the way of the U.S. They just take a paper test, and then driving test. That's it!! They dont have to go driving school. People who is going to take a license are taught someone already having a license. In Japan, everybody have to go driving school, and take a rule class and driving lessen. In my case, it takes 3 month to take driver license.  I'm always wondering why American made this system......

2 件のコメント:

  1. Actually getting driver licence in CA is the esiest on the world. Even I am not a good driver, I still get my driver lience, too. Too easy and too cheap!

    返信削除
  2. There is driver's school in America, and I think most younger drivers take it when they are in high school so that they can take their test when they are 16. Many insurance companies give you a lower rate if you take the class.

    返信削除